As one of the largest cities in the United States, there are countless car accidents that take place in San Diego on a regular basis. There are several causes associated with these car accidents. Some of the common causes of San Diego car accidents include:
- Drug or alcohol impairment
Did you know that in 2016, there were approximately 1,000 accidents associated with alcohol that caused either injury or fatality in San Diego? On a nationwide scale, this number is substantially higher with over 10,000 alcohol impaired car accident deaths consistently reported since 2017.
The need for speed is something that could put you in a precarious position when it comes to a possible car accident. Speeding impedes your ability to control your vehicle accurately and can also cause serious problems in the event that you have to slow down quickly which results in thousands of deaths and injuries in and around San Diego each year.
- Distracted driving (including being distracted by a mobile device)
Although you may be the type of person who can do more than one thing at the same time, during the time that you’re on the road, your eyes (and hands) should be glued to the road. On average, approximately nine people per day are killed in the United States with thousands more suffering injuries as a result of crashes.
- Aggressive driving
It’s estimated that more than half of car accidents are the result of aggressive driving. Aggressive driving can include following too closely to the person in front of you, improper lane changes, or failing to yield the right of way. This type of driving can not only hurt another driver or passenger but could also result in injury to an innocent pedestrian.
- Fatigued driving
While you may feel as though you can make it home when you’re tired, taking this step is something that has caused hundreds of thousands of accidents. In fact, year over year police departments from around the country have reported that approximately 100,000 on average are the result of fatigued driving.
Any one of these causes could, in turn, result in serious injury to you, the other driver or a passenger. If you have been injured as a result of the negligence or the impairment of another individual, it’s critical that you reach out to our experienced car accident attorneys in San Diego to learn more about your rights.
Types of Car Accidents in San Diego
There are several different types of car accidents that can happen not only in San Diego but throughout the country. Here are just a few examples of the common types of car accidents that you may experience:
- Pileups: Although pileup car accidents in San Diego are rare, they can cause catastrophic injuries. Pileups are multi-car collisions that usually gather some form of media attention as a result of how many cars are involved. The reason behind these types of injuries could be a result of driver error or there are times when inclement weather is involved. An extensive investigation is usually needed to determine the fault of this type of car accident.
- Head-on collision: While this type of car accident only accounts for approximately two percent of all car accidents in the United States every year, they are the cause of nearly 10 percent of car accident fatalities. In most cases, part of what makes a head-on collision so dangerous is the rate of speed at which the two cars are going. In turn, a head-on collision could trigger other car accidents or injuries from drivers that are passing by.
- Rollover: A rollover car accident is incredibly dangerous for every person that is in the car. Rollover car accidents account for approximately 35% of all traffic crashes. Unfortunately, the majority of the people who pass away as a result of a rollover were not wearing a seatbelt.
- Rear-end car accidents: Rear-end collisions are often referred to as “minor” car accidents, however, they can cause serious injury to the individuals involved. The most common cause of rear-end collisions is the result of one vehicle following another vehicle too closely or a driver not paying attention to what is happening in front of them. It’s reported by the National Transportation Safety Board that approximately 1,7000 people die each year as a result of rear-end collisions.
If you were injured in an accident in San Diego, California area? Schedule Your Appointment With Our San Diego Car Accident Attorneys. We will provide you with the insight that you need on any car accidents in San Diego. We work on a contingency fee which helps to further ensure that you will get the compensation you deserve before our fees are paid. We have experience working with clients who have experienced a vast number of accident injuries. Whether your car accident resulted in wrongful death or a member of your family was seriously injured, we analyze every aspect of your car accident claim to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Our team of car accident attorneys will walk you through every phase of your accident claim. From contacting insurance companies to ensuring that you have the medical care and support that you need, you can rest assured that you will be working with one of the best law firms in San Diego California. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve and provide you with the peace of mind that you need through this difficult time. Get in touch with us today to speak with our legal team.